visited the offices of art4d magazine yesterday with fee. had a nice chat with khun dtoey and khun dtii. some topics included:
* Post-It City: by Barcelona architect (friend of dtii), getting at some sense of 'micro-agency' that I was trying to describe for my ghosts project. which reminded us of
* changebangkok.com: open competition for transforming bangkok. have picked 10 'winners' from submissions thus far, next step is redesign (?) then implementation...
* Hopewell Project: the first major city project to go dormant. consists of a series of reinforced concrete arches that stretch from city center to (old) Don Muang airport. Don Muang is slated for obsolescence, with bangkok's airport needs satisfied by the new Suvarnabhumi airport (now (in)famous for its closure by the yellow-shirts)
Dtii mentioned that including Hopewell and Don Muang into the 'ghost' category for the project might enliven the possible interventions, moving away from a category that only contains empty towers.
* the role of Ginger* and family: told the others that my advisors weren't that into the notion of royal family involvement as hypothetical agent for the project. but we all agreed that, yes, there might be something to a 'sufficiency economy' tower. what that would contain, what form it would take is anyone's guess (not unlike the economic proposal itself)
* Chula Dept of Housing/Real Estate (?- rough translation) - might be a good resourse for plans, etc of 1990's towers.